You will get married once, I live, eat and breathe weddings for the past 18 years. Your wedding should be perfect and I have learned about all the mistakes years before. Hiring an events manager is money well spent, to know that your dream day has been taken care of. You only have one chance to have this one, perfect day. I only attend to a small number of brides per annum and only do one wedding per weekend. I’m being assisted with well trained staff, who does weddings every week.
(We have a client list of clients, if you need to check my references.)
Wedding planning or co-ordination can involve the following.
Wedding planning is a full more detailed planning and managing of the event before the time and of the day, as well as and the budget. Wedding co-ordination is the managing of service providers, the guests, the programme of the day and venue, which can include styling.
Wedding planning can include all the following, while co-ordination can include some of the following items:
• Consultations prior to wedding (We structure a minimum of 3 consultations/meetings each 2-3 hours) and follow up meetings where needed;
• Assist with finding and booking of church/venue and service providers of choice;
• A recommendation list of all our service providers will be supplied;
• An extra checklist is provided, to help you with planning some items beyond the planning of the actual wedding day;
• Essential information specifically related to a beach wedding, like, tides, wind direction, municipal or authority in charge of the beach area and a firm Plan A and B;
• Get 3 quotes on music, Photographers and two on DJ, two on live musician for ceremony & pre-drinks;
• Décor planning (Does not include the actual prices of décor and flowers- only planning and co-ordination of it) – We have a full décor department and according to your needs and theme an itemized hiring list can be drawn up and organized by us – any other décor which we have to source outside our store will have a 35% handling fee on it).
We have a very large stock list of items:
• Flower planning 1 mock up table;
• Menu planning;
• Beverages – Planning of amounts needed and Managing of bar & wine;
• Managing your budget;
• Follow up 1 week before wedding on all service suppliers;
• Draw up a time schedule and sending it out to all relevant parties the week before;
• Styling of the décor at reception, venue, and other;
• Ensuring that the time schedule before, and during the function are followed according to the program given, adjust programme on the day of the wedding- where needed;
• Manage staff at venue attending to your wedding needs;
• Co-ordination and Manage the day- ensuring everything runs smoothly during the day;
• Crisis management such as lost parents, forgotten wedding rings, lost musicians, etc, and
• Ensuring safety of the guests and manage situations in case of emergency such as fire, wind or rain when dealing with beach weddings.
The following extra services can be arranged at an additional cost of 15% handling fee:
• Arrange Accommodation in and around venue
• Activities for your guests (Park tours, picnic excursions, game drives, wine, beer and olive tasting, boat trips, fishing trips, spa treatments, golf outings, and other); and
• Bus shuttles from Cape Town and in and around Langebaan/Saldanha.
Other Services at an extra quote:
• Props or furniture to suit a theme
• Décor items
• Flowers for ceremony, reception, bridal party and other
• Gifts for guests.
Stationary quotes on request such as:
• Table no per table
• Name card on table per name
• Menu per menu
• Table Layout / Guest list
• Gift boxes for kiddies guests
• Games or activities during reception
• Wedding cake.