Flower Trends 2018
The following flowers must be provided for:
• Welcome or entrance flowers
• Large arrangement x 2 in front of ceremony area, which can be moved to bridal or buffet table at reception
• Décor of gazebo if used
• Pew/aisle flowers
• Confetti in two baskets or other container
• Corsages/Boutonnairs (groom, bestmen, parents and grandparents)
• Brides maid
• Bridal bouquet
• Garland for flower girls
• Use Entrance flowers from ceremony for entrance at reception
• Podium for speeches
• Bridal table
• Backdrop for bridal table
• Cake/cake table
• Gift table
• Flowers for bathroom x 2
• Transport/Moving of flowers from ceremony to reception
WHAT MUST YOU CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING FLOWERS AND DECIDING ABOUT A THEME?
• Season of the wedding
• Summer, spring, autumn, winter
• Sea: veldt, fynbos, shells- best colours turquoise to emerald greens, bronze and gold, sage green, white, greens, lilacs, pale blues, pale pinks to peach, creams, peach and sand, red and white and blue, navy, navy & red, daisies, pebbles
• Forest: green, brown, orange, red, yellow, lime, moss, soft leavy greens, wooden harts, pebbles
• Picnic: checks, lilac, red, green, yellow, apples, fruits, baskets, stripes, daisies, wire baskets & harts
• Fairytale: white, lots of fairylights, candles, white flowers masses of it, strarlights, furr, feathers, pale lilacs to deep grape, crystals, silver, lilies, orchids
• Vintage: pale colours of pastels, or pale colours of cream to brown , pale greens or yellows, black & white, lace, silver, something old ,something new, something blue, crystals, pearls, mother of pearl, ribbons, damask, roses, tuberoses, chinks
• Colours to suit the theme
• Your favourite colour
• Look and feel: Simplistic, romantic, dramatic, modern, fun, earth, fresh, not cluttered, warm, antique,- describe the words you would like to feel to be;
• How much detail would you like?
• The venue- what would suit the venue best-
• Do you need lots of décor to make the venue look like something or are there focus points in the venue to highlight the venue?
• Is the venue dark, cozy, or light, garden like or overlooking the sea?
• Cut out pictures and make a storyboard of things that you like.- that will help you give a picture of what you like- best is to use Pinterst
• Budget- very important
• Candles always create an atmosphere, so don’t skimp on that
• Make a list of what you must have
• Get a good co-ordinator/florists to relate to the picture in your mind.
We can take care of all your flower needs at your venue of choice to suit your theme.
For general questions or inquiries, please contact us via our Chat option below or alternatively Contact Us.
Click here to view our Flowers Portfolio.